Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bathroom Vanity Update

     So I wanted to give an update for my bathroom vanity I have  been working on. I put a coat of shellac on the vanity and then put a second coat of the Annie Sloan Chalk paint I have been using. I think I will put one more coat of paint on it. I hate to do it knowing that I am just going to be taking a sanding block to the whole thing but there are a couple of spots I want to have better coverage.

After the shellac but before the second coat of chalk paint





















After the shellac and the second coat of paint




















I also had to post the knobs for the false drawer I got for a total of 6 dollars. Totally beautiful. I had to take a picture with them next to my jars I got from the antique fair. They matched perfect which makes them all the more special. So after one more coat of paint I guess I will be moving on to waxing with the Annie Sloan wax. Slowly...but surely I am getting this vanity done.

   
And in the spirit of this beautiful blue color I love so much. I am posting a picture of my Hydrangea that somehow despite the frost that got it has started to bloom.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment