Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Answered Prayers

     It has been a very long time since I have written a post here. September 12, 2012 to be exact. In my last post, I wrote about my dear friends Karen and Teddy Ogle, and their efforts to adopt a baby to complete their family. I just haven't had it in me to write anything else because everything that came to mind seemed insignificant after telling their story.   

     I just can not say thank you enough to all of the people that read their story and prayed for them and shared the link for others to read. I know in my heart that prayer works! I know because a year later... In November of 2013 Karen received a call from the adoption agency that a little girl was possibly going to be available for adoption. I was at home with Sophie when Karen called to tell me the news. I was speechless. I mean literally, I could not talk. I had prayed and hoped that Karen would receive that call but when it came.... I just couldn't find the words. The days following the phone call from the adoption agent were a little stressful but God was watching over Karen and Teddy and the baby that would fill their arms and their hearts. On November 27th, 2013 Miss Ella Ogle was born.... she weighed 6 pounds 10 oz. and was 18 inches. I am excited to say that she is home now with Karen and Teddy and I don't think I have seen a happier family! Karen was sweet enough to let me come take pictures of Ella. I loved spending time with her!

 
 
 
 
 
The quilt behind Ella is one that I am making for her! I can't wait to get it finished.... Maybe by her first birthday at the speed I'm going.

    I have to say she is the sweetest baby ever! Her smile is precious and her giggle.... well... it will warm your heart! So now that their family is complete, LaShay, Shane, and Ella fill the house with laughter and love and God's plan is realized. I have learned so much about being patient.... trusting in God.... and having complete faith through Ella. She has been a blessing to my heart and now I feel like I can write again. I look forward to seeing Ella grow up and seeing what God has in store for her life.  What a journey! It was an emotional one but one I know Karen and Teddy would do over and over again to have Ella in their arms. Thank you again for all of your prayers! God is good!

   I have also been blessed to paint pictures for her room and I wanted to share those as well... 

 
 
 

 
And a couple more of Ella.... just because!


No comments:

Post a Comment