Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Choose Joy


Ashley Hackshaw of the blog Lil Blue Boo is one of the bravest people I know. She has been diagnosed with cancer and she faces her battle publicly. Over a year ago I found her blog the way I normally find blogs....by wandering aimlessly from site to site. When I first started reading her blog I was just getting the crafting and sewing bug. She made crafting and sewing seem cool to me. She was young and beautiful and I wanted to be just like her.

Several months ago while checking up on her blog I began to read about some things that she was facing and it just seemed to spiral downward. Each time I checked back in to see how she was doing I saw that things had gotten more difficult. Then one day I went to read her post and read that she had been diagnosed with cancer. I won't share her story here. I would not do it justice. All I can say is please go to her website and her Cancer Chronicles at www.lilblueboo.com and read. You will cry. I have seen her rite of passage video several times now and cried each time.

I don't understand cancer. I don't understand why it exist. I just know that it must be stopped. I know that we must find a cure whether it is childhood cancer, breast, colon. Whatever cancer it is I pray that a cure be found. I pray for Ashley every day. I don't know her personally but she is such a role model. Her new motto is Choose Joy. What a beautiful message. Despite everything she has been through her ability to smile and laugh and share with the world what she is going through to me is such a gift. When I have a bad day I think of Ashley. I will try to live each day with that motto. I will choose joy! So my first blog post is dedicated to Ashley and her family. Prayers and hugs from Tennessee all the way to Cali


No comments:

Post a Comment